POSITION: Youth Services Librarian
LOCATION: Wissahickon Valley Public Library, 650 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: $42,000-$47,000 commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: Vacation (1 wk after 6 months, 2 wks after 1 yr, 3 wks after 4, 4 wks after 7), Sick Leave (accumulates 1 day per month up to 60 days) & 3 Personal Leave Days (after 6 months), 9 Paid Holidays, and 5% match for 403B retirement plan.
WVPL is looking for an enthusiastic, friendly, and team-oriented Youth Services Librarian with a strong public service commitment for a full-time position. This position requires a passion for youth services and for using technology in programming.
• Selects and weeds the collection of materials for juvenile and young adult patrons.
• Plans and facilitates children's and young adult programs.
• Develops publicity materials to promote library events and uses the website and social media to communicate with the community.
• Plans and facilitates community outreach to the townships, non-profits and community groups.
• Cultivates and maintains contact with teachers and librarians at public schools, private schools, and pre-schools.
• Supervises pages and teen volunteers.
• Provides one-on-one assistance to patrons at both juvenile and adult reference desks.
• Participates on strategic planning teams to further the library's mission.
• Participates in continuing education.
• Knows the educational and recreational needs of children and young adults and has the ability to translate those needs and interests into effective library services and programming.
• Keeps up with current trends in library services for juveniles and young adults.
• Adept with current information technology, including both software and hardware.
• Establishes and maintains friendly and effective working relationships with staff and patrons.
• Practices excellent customer service skills.
• Communicates effectively with others, orally and in writing.
• Can speak and be silly in front of large groups.
• Must be able to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
• Masters Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
• PA Librarians Professional Certificate.
• Professional library experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume and cover letter to Anne M. Frank at email@example.com.
WVPL is advertising this position and reviewing resumes from Aug. 15-Sept. 15.
WVPL will select candidates for interviews starting Sept. 16.
Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background check and reference checks. The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.