POSITION: Part-Time Cataloguer
LOCATION: Wissahickon Valley Public Library, 650 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19446
SCHEDULE: Part-time, 24 hours a week, flexible schedule
SALARY: $25 per hour
BENEFITS: Vacation (1 week after 6 months, 2 weeks after 1 yr), Sick Leave (accumulates 1 day per month up to 60 days) & 3 Personal Leave Days (after 6 months), 9 Paid Holidays, and 5% match for 403B retirement plan.
The cataloguer is responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating functions and resources related to the cataloging, classification, and physical preparation of all library materials.
- Uses Bibliophile, Bookwhere, Marc Report to acquire and edit records.
- Creates bibliographic records and assigns classification numbers and subject headings to new acquisitions adhering to Montgomery County Library and Information Network Consortium (MCLINC) and MARC standards using bibliographic utilities and computerized cataloging tools.
- Trains and supervises library assistants in the use of Polaris cataloging modules.
- Troubleshoots problems with the Polaris system, consulting with MCLINC staff as necessary.
- Works with the circulation department and reference staff on collection maintenance and weeding.
- Supervises the technical services department including staff and volunteers.
- Selects adult materials.
- Provides adult reference service as needed.
- Assists the director in planning of library service.
- Attends meetings of the MCLINC Database Committee and participates in Cataloguing subcommittees are required.
- Performs other reasonable assignments as necessary.
- Ability to interpret and implement cataloging standards.
- Ability to deal with a complex workflow.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Management skills.
- Master’s of Library Science
- 2 years recent experience cataloguing materials adhering to AACR2, RDA and MCLINC standards.
- Must obtain and maintain MCLINC certificate for cataloguing all applicable materials formats.
- Physical ability to repeatedly lift books.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume and cover letter to Anne M. Frank at email@example.com.
WVPL is advertising this position and reviewing resumes during the month of November 2016.
WVPL will select candidates for interviews in early December 2016.
Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background check and reference checks. The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.