Position: Administrative Assistant/Acquisitions Clerk
Location: Wissahickon Valley Public Library, 650 Skippack Pike Blue Bell, PA 19422
Schedule: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $38,000-42,000 Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Keystone Health Plan East Medical Insurance, 5% employer contribution for 403B retirement plan, vacation (1 wk upon employment, 2 wks after 6 months, 3 wks after 4 years, 4 wks after 7 years), sick leave (accumulates 1 day per month up to 60 days), 3 personal leave days (after 6 months), and 9 paid holidays.
WVPL is looking for a friendly, organized, efficient, self-motivated, technologically proficient, and team-oriented person. This Administrative Assistant will perform clerical tasks to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the library including the ordering and receiving of library materials.
- Provides all manner of clerical support for director including correspondence and communications.
- Reports facility issues to the director and manages facility maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains fundraising database and writes thank you letters for cash donations. Handles memorial and in honor of book donations.
- Assists with library marketing, annual reports and grant proposals as needed.
- Acts as point of contact for and schedules and maintains the meeting room rental calendar for the large community room and 2 conference rooms (includes setting up projection equipment, seating and moving the room divider).
- Creates the holiday closure schedule for approval by the library board.
- Schedules exercise programs and movies for the public and creates flyers.
- Prints payables checks if requested by the director.
- Maintains files.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Places orders for new acquisitions. Selects materials when requested by director.
- Keeps current records of all items on order and avoids unintentional duplicate orders.
- Screens mail for invoices, confirms receipt of new acquisitions, checks received items against order file to ensure receipt of proper items, codes items by appropriate expense account and location, and submits invoices to bookkeeper for payment authorization.
- Enters invoice data into the Polaris Circulation Software.
- Participates in the collection development team whose goal is to anticipate, order and process more efficiently high demand library materials.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies and orders online or purchases in person.
- Runs circulation reports as needed (ex. tracking holds requests for AV materials).
- Orders and renews museum passes if requested by the director.
- Manages annual magazine and newspaper order.
General Office Duties:
- Provides customer service at the circulation and reference desk as needed. Including, but not limited to, checking materials in or out, registering patrons for library cards, assisting the public with locating and using materials, assisting the public with the use of desktop computers, copiers, scanners and other devices including phones, tablets and laptops.
- Answers phone calls, email and in-person questions about library services, programs and materials.
- Attends staff meetings.
Experience and Training Required:
Prior experience in office administration and/or Associates or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
Experience working with the public in a customer service setting or with libraries is a plus.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Google Calendar is required.
Experience with Donor Perfect and Polaris ILS is preferred.
Successful completion of Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance.
Knowledge of the responsibilities required of an administrative assistant.
Knowledge of library services and/or nonprofit operations preferred.
Knowledge of and interest in books.
Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Good keyboarding skills.
Excellent computer software skills.
Comfortable performing activities on a variety of devices, including smart phones, tablets, etc.
Good math skills.
Basic mechanical skills for troubleshooting equipment.
Able to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone and in writing.Self motivated, able to work autonomously and anticipate what is needed.
Able to deal tactfully and confidentially with library staff and the public.
Able to prioritize workload.
Able to input data and record information with accuracy and attention to detail.
Able to deal with the public cheerfully and courteously.
Able to exercise good judgment.
Flexible and adaptable to a demanding and fast-paced work environment.
Stamina and physical ability to repeatedly lift, carry and shelve books and to set up chairs and tables and move a room divider.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume and cover letter to Anne M. Frank at email@example.com.
WVPL is advertising this position and reviewing resumes from Oct. 10-Nov. 10, 2018.
WVPL will select candidates for interviews starting Nov. 12, 2018.
Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background check and reference checks. The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.