Join local author Ursula LeCoeur to discuss her book The Willing Widow over dinner at Bridget’s in Ambler.
New York Times Best Selling Author Gayle Forman will be speaking about her latest book Just One Day and signing books at the library! Contact Towne Book Center in Collegeville to preorder your books for the event today.
This is a 3 hour hands-on Introduction to Microsoft Word 2007 in 2 parts.
WHEN: June 19 and 20, 7 - 8:30 pm
WHERE: Blue Bell Community Room, Wissahickon Valley Public Library
- The Face of Word: Finding and Using Menus
- Using the Mouse with Word
- Basics of Word Processing: Type, Backspace, Delete, Insert and Overtype
- Save a File, Open a File, Create a File
- Formatting Text: Fonts, Bold, Italicize, and Underline. Changing Text Size.
- Working with Text: Cut and Paste, Copy and Paste. Find, and Replace Text.
- Understanding the “Clipboard”
- Mistakes: Using Undo and Redo
- Page Layouts: Page Orientation, Page Size, Margins, Page Numbers
- Printing and Print Preview
Afternoon Speak presents Chris Kalb, Park Foreman & Arborist for Lower Gwynedd Township
Mr. Kalb will be discussing how to properly prune your trees and things you need to be aware of for maintaining
Location: Lower Gwynedd Township building, 1130 N. Bethlehem Pike, Spring House (across the street from Giant)
Registering: Call the library 215-643-1320
Marsha Goldblatt, interior designer, presents a class on vintage collage. Thurs. June. 26 @ 2 PM. $5 covers supplies.
Persian Cooking Demonstration
Mrs. Soroosh Michaels, native Iranian, discusses Persian cooking techniques, traditions and typical spices. She will be making Keshmesh Polo (Raisin Pilaf). There will be samples for tasting.