Ambler Branch Library has moved back to its 209 Race Street location. Contactless pick-up appointments begin on Monday, October 19, 2020.
CONTACTLESS PICK-UP SERVICE BY APPOINTMENT
The Library offers contactless pick-up service. Follow these 3 steps:
§ Request books online through your library account.
§ You may also call the library at which you'd like to pick up your items to place a hold.
- When an item is ready for you, you will receive an email, text message or automated phone call. You may now make an appointment. Please do not go to the library without an appointment.
· When your items are ready for pick-up,
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR PICK-UP APPOINTMENT
1. Please wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose for your pick-up appointment.
2. Walk to the main entrance. A staff member will be outside the entrance to assist you.
3. Please give your last name.
4. Staff will retrieve your items and place them down on the pick-up table. Items will be in a plastic bag labelled with your name. Once the bag is safely on the table, please pick up the bag. Leave the pick-up area so other patrons may retrieve their bags.
5. Please be mindful of other patrons at the pickup area when you arrive. You may choose to remain in your vehicle until they have walked away or maintain at least a 6-ft distance while waiting for your turn. There will be 3 appointments per 15-minute interval during pick-up hours.
I received an e-mail notification that my books have been checked out. Can I come to the library to pick them up now? You may come to Blue Bell library and pick up materials during browsing hours: Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 7 PM. If you prefer a contactless pick-up at either Ambler or Blue Bell, you must schedule an appointment, even if you get a check-out receipt in advance. We are checking out items as we prepare them for patron pick-up, so you may get your receipt earlier than your scheduled time. We still need you to keep your scheduled appointment if you choose contactless pick-up service.
What happens if I cannot leave my vehicle due to mobility issues?
Please alert staff when you schedule your appointment. We can provide curbside service to place items in your trunk.
What if I miss my appointment?
If you are unable to pick up your items during the scheduled window, you will need to call the library to schedule a new pick-up appointment or come in during browsing hours.
Can I return books during my pick-up appointment?
You may return books in the book drop bins before approaching the pick-up table. Please do not hand returned books to staff members during your appointment.
Can I donate books during my pick-up appointment? No. At this time, the library is unable to accept book donations. We also respectfully ask that you do not place donated books into the book drops. Thank you for your cooperation.
I returned my books a few days ago, but they’re still “out” on my library account? To limit contamination, returned items will be quarantined for at least 3 days/72 hours after we receive them. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 3 days. Overdue fines accrued during the quarantine period will be waived.