The Wissahickon Valley Public Library believes in partnering with local organizations for the benefit of our community. Our goal is to grow as a community center in the Wissahickon Valley. It is our hope that by collaborating together, we can draw more visitors and attention to community groups and other non-profit organizations, as well as provide cultural development for our patrons. Both branches of the Wissahickon Valley Public Library have a display case that may be used for community enrichment.
Applications for use of the library’s display case may be submitted by community groups, schools, service organizations, other non-profits and local residents. While all applications will be reviewed by library staff, submission of an application does not guarantee use of the display case. Priority will be given to library programming and the Friends of the Library.
- Displays at WVPL must not be used for commercial, religious or political purposes.
- Displays must be appropriate for all ages and suited for a general library environment as determined by library staff.
- Space will be granted for one calendar month, subject to library hours.
- Displays may be put up on the first available day of the month and must be removed on or before the last day of the month.
- Blue Bell’s display case is in a very prominent area of the library, across from the circulation desk. The case is 44 inches high, 92 inches wide and 9 inches deep. It has 4 adjustable, glass shelves and it is lockable.
- The Ambler display case is prominently located in the entrance vestibule of the library. It has four adjustable shelves and locking glass doors. The case is 59” high, 72” wide and 16” deep.
- The library will lock the display case and do its best to keep the contents safe. The library will not be held responsible for damages or theft incurred during the display period.
The library reserves the right to cancel or postpone the agreement in order to use the display case for library programming/fundraisers and will provide notice.
The WVPL Display Case application may be found on the Forms page of the library website, WVPL.org/forms.