Updated 11/25/2020: Latest Museum Pass Availability
Here's what you should know about checking out museum passes at Blue Bell and Ambler Branch.
- A few of our Museum Passes are available to check out.
- Passes are available for loan on a first-come, first-serve basis during browsing hours.
- For contactless pick-up, you may call the library on that day to request the pass if it’s available.
- Limit one pass per household.
What passes are available for check-out right now?
- America On Wheels (Blue Bell only)
- Battleship New Jersey
- Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles
- Elmwood Park Zoo
- Fort Mifflin on the Delaware
- Glencairn Museum
- Mercer Museum and Fonthill Castle
- National Museum of Industrial History in Bethlehem (Blue Bell only)
- Reading Public Museum (Blue Bell only)
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Tyler Arboretum
How do I check out a museum pass from the library?
Passes will be available on first-come, first-served basis. You may browse available passes and check them out when the library is open for browsing, Monday – Friday, 11 am to 7 pm. *Starting Monday, November 30, both branches will resume contactless pick-up services ONLY. Follow instructions for contactless pick-up.
Schedule a contactless pick-up appointment by following the directions below:
1. CALL the library to find out if the pass is "IN". Call between 10 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday, or 10:30 am and 1:30 pm on Saturdays; Blue Bell (215-643-1320) or Ambler Branch (215-646-1072).
2. If the pass is “in,” you may request it to be checked out to you and schedule your contactless pick-up appointment
3. Arrive on time for your pick-up appointment. If you do not pick up your museum pass on the day of your appointment, it will be checked back in so another patron can use it. All Museum Passes now have a seven (7) day loan period.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
• Some establishments require their visitors to schedule their visit ahead of time. If you are unable to schedule an appointment with the establishment within the 7-day loan period, call the library from which you borrowed the pass (Ambler or Blue Bell), and we can help you extend the due date (one-time only).
• Please visit an individual establishment’s website to learn more about any restrictions such as reduced hours, visitor appointments, limited capacity or limited access to certain buildings or areas, protocols for social distancing and mask wearing. We have included the latest guidelines for these establishments inside of each Museum Pass pouch; however, please check museum websites for updates as situations can change week-to-week.
• If you have any questions about making a visitation appointment, call our reference librarian at 215-643-1320 x19, or Administrative Assistant Danielle at x15.