Here's what you should know about checking out museum passes as Blue Bell and Ambler Branch.
- A few of our Museum Passes are now available to check out.
- Passes are available for loan on a first-call, first-serve basis. During browsing hours at Blue Bell, passes are first-come, first served basis.
- Limit one pass per household.
What passes are available for check-out right now?
- America On Wheels (Blue Bell only)
- Academy of Natural Sciences
- Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles
- Camden Children's Garden (Ambler only)
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Elmwood Park Zoo
- Fort Mifflin on the Delaware
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Mercer Museum and Fonthill Castle
- Moravian Pottery & Tile Works
- Museum of the American Revolution
- Mutter Museum
- National Constitution Center
- National Museum of Industrial History in Bethlehem (Blue Bell only)
- Philadelphia's Magic Gardens
- Reading Public Museum (Blue Bell only)
- Shofuso Garden
- Simeone Automotive Museum
- Tyler Arboretum
- U. Penn Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Woodmere Art Museum
How do I check out a museum pass from the library?
**** Blue Bell is open for browsing on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Passes will be available on first-come, first-served basis.
Schedule a contactless pick-up appointment by following the directions below:
1. CALL the library at Blue Bell (215-643-1320) or Ambler Branch (215-646-1072) to find out if the pass is "IN".
2. If the pass is “in," you may request it to be checked out to you and schedule your contactless pick-up appointment. (If the pass you are looking for is not “in," try again in a few days. We appreciate your patience and understanding)!
3. Arrive on time for your pick-up appointment. If you do not pick up your museum pass on the day of your appointment, it will be checked back in so another patron can use it. All Museum Passes now have a seven (7) day loan period.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
- Some establishments require their visitors to schedule their visit ahead of time. If you are unable to schedule an appointment with the establishment within the 7-day loan period, call the library from which you borrowed the pass (Ambler or Blue Bell), and we can help you extend the due date (one-time only).
- Please visit an individual establishment’s website to learn more about any restrictions such as reduced hours, visitor appointments, limited capacity or limited access to certain buildings or areas, protocols for social distancing and mask wearing. We have included the latest guidelines for these establishments inside of each Museum Pass pouch; however, please check museum websites for updates as situations can change week-to-week.
- If you have any questions about making a visitation appointment, call our reference librarian at 215-643-1320 x19, or Administrative Assistant Danielle at x15.