Position: Community Outreach Coordinator
Location: Wissahickon Valley Public Library, 650 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell PA 19422
Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours a week (days, evenings, some weekends)
Hourly Wage: $20 per hour
- Seeks community engagement with residents, non-profit organizations, schools, businesses & government agencies. Develops and maintains new relationships for partnership.
- Plans, markets & facilitates adult educational events in-person and virtual at the Main Library in Blue Bell and other community partner locations.
- Plans & facilitates (1) online marketing using website, email, newsletters, social media, electronic signs and online media contacts & (2) print marketing by designing monthly educational event flyers, events signs, and promotional materials.
- Plans & facilitates outreach activities and represents WVPL at community events.
- Plans with library staff & community partners for large events.
- Prepares goals, objectives & monthly reports, including statistics on educational events & outreach.
- Manages volunteers who assist in outreach initiatives.
- Oversees the adult educational event & community outreach budgets.
- Identifies, drafts & implements grant proposals for educational events.
- Attends staff meetings & continuing education workshops.
- Performs other related duties.
- Friendly and enthusiastic personal style.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent online social networking and PR skills. Familiarity with Zoom, Canva, Eventbrite and email marketing platforms a plus.
- Excellent organizational and event planning skills.
- Independently motivated problem solver.
- Desire to work in teams and collaborate.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- College Degree required. Prefer degree in Marketing, Project Management, Event Planning, Communication, Education or Library Science.
- Two years of experience in educational event planning and marketing. Prefer hands on experience working with community partners.
- Current PA driver's license.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
How to Apply:
Email a resume and cover letter to Anne M. Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WVPL is advertising this position and reviewing resumes during the months of July and August 2021. WVPL will select candidates for interviews in late August and early September 2021.
Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background check and reference checks. The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.