Need a Library Card while the Library is Closed?
If you are a resident of Ambler Borough, Whitpain Township or Lower Gwynedd Township, fill out the library application and bring it with proof of address (driver’s license, state ID, car insurance, rental lease or utility bill) to the library and we will give you a card. A Spanish version of the application is available HERE.
A child’s application (under the age of 18) requires a parent or guardian‘s signature. The parent or guardian must present identification and proof of residence.
If you don’t live in Ambler Borough, Whitpain Township or Lower Gwynedd Township, visit your home library (listed here) for an application. Once you have your card, you can use it at WVPL.
If there isn’t a library listed for the township or borough in which you live, you can download and fill out the MCLINC library card application and bring your proof of address to WVPL for processing.
What is MCLINC?
The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is part of the Montgomery County Library Information Network Consortium (MCLINC), which means that you have access to over 2 million items in the combined catalogs of 31 public libraries. Once you register for a card at any of the MCLINC libraries, you can reserve items online and have the items shipped to our Main Library in Blue Bell or our Ambler Branch.
How long can I keep materials?
- Fiction and Non-fiction books, non-fiction DVDs, feature film DVDs older than 6 months, audio books, CDs: 21 days
- New DVDs, video games, magazines: 7 days
- Museum Passes: 3 days During the pandemic, museum passes check out for 7 days.
- Downloadable eBooks, downloadable audio books: 14 days (may be changed to 7 or 21 days)
What are the fees if materials are overdue?
- Adult items: 25 cents/day
- Juvenile items: 20 cents/day
- DVDs, Blue-rays: $1/day
- Video Games: $1/day
ASK US if you have more questions.