We invite you to:
- Borrow downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks, print books, CD audiobooks, DVD’s, music CD’s, video games and magazines.
- Borrow Museum Passes from our collection of over 30 local and not so local venues, including the Academy of Natural Sciences, Elmwood Park Zoo, Glencairn Museum, Moravian Pottery and Tile Works, National Liberty Museum, Pearl S. Buck International, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Simeone Automotive Museum and University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archeology and Anthropology.
- Ask our professional librarians a question: they can show you how to use the library catalog, assist you with research, locate and borrow items from other libraries, provide basic computer instruction and demonstrate online resources.
- Attend library events for adults, teens and children. See our calendar for upcoming events.
- Online resources include Mango Language Learning, Philadelphia Inquirer Historical Archive, Ambler Gazette Historical Archive, Data Axel Reference Solutions (formerly Reference USA). Specifically for students: Reference eBooks and Literature Criticism, Tumblebooks for Kids and magazine and newspaper databases. See all online resources by clicking the eLibrary link above.
- Use our Wi-Fi. You can bring your smart phone, tablet computer or laptop to the library and access the Internet from here. We have convenient outlets for plugging in devices.
- Use our Internet computers: we provide Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Photocopy or print to our copier: you can print from our computers. You can choose to print or copy in color for 30 cents per copy or black and white for 15 cents per copy.
We also provide:
- Resume Review, if you are looking for a new job and want some help updating your resume, please contact Reference and schedule an appointment.
- Test Proctoring, if you are taking online courses and need a test proctored. See our Test Proctoring page for hours, fees and to make an appointment.
- Community Outreach, if you would like the library to participate in your school or community activity or would like to schedule a tour, please contact Programs. The library is very interested in partnering with local community organizations and businesses. The library currently reaches out to preschools and daycare centers by providing book deliveries that are specific to their curriculum and story time presenters.
- Community Room or Conference Room Rental at both locations. If you would like to rent the community room contact Room Rental; please see the Community Room Use Policies and applications on the WVPL FORMS page. The conference room may be available for groups with 12 or fewer attending. See the Conference Room Policy and application on the WVPL FORMS page for details.
- Income Tax Forms, printed copies may be available in the library or go to www.irs.gov to download.
- AARP Income Tax-Prep - a seasonal, free, volunteer-run program. For more information, see our tax page HERE.